Dear Ministry / Ministry Representative,
We welcome your application to partner with I-TEC in building or repairing your electrical system. Our prayer is that through this electrical project your ministry will be strengthened in reaching people for Christ.
I-TEC is a non-denominational ministry utilizing volunteers to meet the electrical needs of missionaries and not-for-profit organizations worldwide.
Our guiding verse is Galatians 6:10, “Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.”
I-TEC’s primary focus is serving mission organizations that share the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
I-TEC’s services include:
- On-site electrical surveys
- Electrical design
- Material acquisition & shipping (costs borne by the requesting mission organization)
- Maintenance of budget vs. actual expenses and billing spreadsheets
- Pre-project planning meetings
- Construction scheduling and supervision
- Work teams of electrical professionals for construction and/or repairs
- System monitoring
I-TEC does not fund or raise funds for project design and construction. I-TEC’s contribution is the volunteer services of our skilled professionals. In most instances, our volunteers take a vacation and pay their travel expenses to participate on I-TEC projects.
Applying Ministry’s Responsibilities
- Ministries or not-for-profit organizations are responsible to raise or provide the funds associated with the design and construction of their project, as outlined contractually with I-TEC.
- Ministries or not-for-profit organizations understand that their ministry will agree to pay a negotiated portion of the I-TEC survey.
- Due to the high volume of requests for our staff and professional volunteers, we require all in country expenses pertaining to travel, housing, and meals be part of the project budget. The ability to provide housing, laundry services and clean water is necessary for foreign teams.
Please take time to prayerfully answer the questions on this application. The information you provide to us, starts the conversation about how we will partner with you to improve your electrical system and enhance your ministry’s or organization’s ability to reach people for Christ in a practical way.
After I-TEC reviews your application, we will follow-up with any requests for further information concerning the project. Once the project request is approved, I-TEC will begin discussions with you, schedule an on-site survey (if necessary), develop a design, and a construction timeline. Then I-TEC will formulate a written contract to address all of the responsibilities of both I-TEC and your ministry / organization.
Once the contract is signed and funding is available, I-TEC will begin the processes of: producing a construction timeline, purchasing materials and equipment, construction of the system (if a PowerPac), and/or shipping the materials and equipment. I-TEC will provide regular updates for tracking expenses and material cost during this phase and will invoice for those costs. When the shipment clears customs in the country of your ministry, I-TEC will coordinate work team flights and on-site construction activities.